Do you need a way to escape your home should a fire occur? Many people use an escape ladder to provide them with peace of mind and a quick exit from the home when they live in high-rise buildings or even a two story home that might be hard to exit during a fire. Should you desire to purchase a fire ladder for escape, don’t purchase the first product that comes along.
When purchasing a ladder, here are a few of the most important considerations to keep in mind:
- Length: The length of the ladder is imperative to your safe exit from the facility. The ladder should easily reach the window to the bottom without trouble. You can use a rope to help determine the appropriate length by draping it from the window and marking the length with the use of a measuring tape.
- Window Size: Considering the size of the window is also important when purchasing a ladder.
- Codes: The ladder that you select should be one that has passed all of the necessary safety codes. Only such a ladder can jeep you safe in the most critical of moments.
- Durability: Obviously you want only a quality ladder that is durable and capable of helping you exit in the event of a fire. It is best to do your research before making a ladder purchase because this information is widely available through research.
- Ease of Use: A complicated ladder can make an already critical situation that much more detrimental. Make sure that you select a ladder that is easy to use.
Don’t be without a fire ladder in your home! With the information above, choosing a safe, secure and reliable ladder that won’t let you down is easy to do!